Rules for use
Obligations of the users
- All users are obligated to make proper use of the municipal bicycle borrowing service, always observing as much care and diligence as possible.
- All users are required to comply with the present rules
- At all times while riding or parking a bicycle, the users must respect the rules established in the General Traffic Regulations, must adopt safety measures, and must avoid causing risks or problems for other users of the road. The safety regulations must also be taken into account
- While using the service, all users must carry their user identification card for the system as well as their national ID document or another legally valid identification document. The owner of the service must be notified immediately regarding any loss, theft, or damage to the LPA-Movilidad card, and the user will remain responsible for its use until this notification occurs.
- At all times while using the system, the user is obligated to take proper care of the bicycle, respect all road and traffic rules, and make proper use of the system
- The user may pick up and return the bicycle at any of the stations in the LPA ByBike system, within the established hours. Failure to comply with this obligation shall result in full or partial prohibition of use of the service.
- At all times, the user shall be responsible for complying with any obligations or instructions issued by any government authority or entity, whether national, regional, or local, in relation to bicycle riding.
- When finished with use of the service, the user must correctly anchor the bicycle at the return station, then use the return mode messages on the LCD screen to verify that the return has been completed correctly.
- In the event of any bicycle malfunction, the user is obligated to anchor the bike at the closest station and must also notify the maintenance service about the incident.
- If after selecting a bicycle the user realizes that some element on it is not working correctly (tires, lights, brakes, etc.), the user must return the bike to the station, notify the service about the incident right away, and then select a different bike.
- The bicycles may only be used within the urban centre of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, or beyond these limits, on routes that follow specially designated bike lanes, bike paths, or parkways near the municipal limits.
- Use of the bicycles is limited to 1 continuous hour. Users must return their bikes to any anchoring point at the LPA ByBike stations before this time period has elapsed. A minimum period of 15 minutes must pass between any two consecutive borrowing periods.
- A helmet must be used in all cases where this requirement is established in the traffic regulations.
- Make proper use of the bicycle, and return it within the authorized use period in perfect working condition
In the case of damage, theft, or loss of the bicycle:
- If your bicycle is damaged, stolen, or lost, you must urgently notify LPA ByBike by phone on 682 274 963 or by going in person to the User Services Office at the main offices.
- The user must file a police report and provide a copy of it to the User Services Office.
- The company awarded the contract for managing the system will be able to make claims for compensation from the user for any costs incurred by damages to the bicycles or to the management system.
- If the corresponding police report is not submitted in a case of a theft or robbery, the user's use of the bicycle borrowing system may be blocked and a claim may be issued on the value of the bicycle.
In the event of loss or theft of the RFID card:
- The user must remove the card from the system at the website www.bybikelpa.com
- If the card is not removed from the system, the user will continue to be liable for any damages, thefts, or losses caused by use of the missing card.