Q: How can I register for this service?To become an LPA ByBike user, please take the following information into consideration:
1) Do I need to send a text message to unlock my LPA ByBike bicycle? The answer is NO, that feature doesn't exist yet. But for now, you can use a contactless card. You can unhook a bike just by placing your card near the top of the post to which the bike is anchored. It's that easy!
2) What kind of card do I need, and where can I get one? The card used by the system is the LPA-Movilidad card (the same as the contactless BonoGuagua bus card) . You can get one of these cards at various locations, as well as at the Guaguas Municipales sales offices at Obelisco, Teatro, San Telmo Station, and Plaza Manuel Becerra. The cost for issuing a card is 1.5 euro , but that's the only expense you will have. You can also see all of the sales locations at the link below **.
3) I already have the card because I use the Guaguas Municipales bus system. Do I need another card? No. But you do need to follow the same process as users who are requesting a new card so they can use it for LPA ByBike. This means going to one of the locations listed below, being sure to bring your LPA-Movilidad card and national ID document with you in order to register.
You can activate for the new service at the following locations :
At the SAGULPA offices:
- Zona Centro: Calle León y Castillo, 109 (Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 14:00. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 16:00 to 18:00)
- Zona Puerto: Calle Velarde, 26 (Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 14:00)
The Guaguas Municipales (Municipal Bus System) offices:
- Parque Santa Catalina, from 7:45 to 19:45 (Monday through Friday)
- Teatro, from 7:30 to 20:00 (Monday through Friday)
- Obelisco, from 7:30 to 14:30 (first and last week of the month, also in the afternoon from 15:30 to 20:00)
If you have any questions you can ring us on 928 366 199 , or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
** Find out here where you can get an LPA Mobility Card
Q: How many stations are there?
A: There are 13 stations, including:
01. Rotonda - San José (at the Glorieta de la Vega San José roundabout, next to Calle Alicante)
02. Gabinete Literario building (next to Alameda de Colón)
03. National Public Library (Biblioteca Pública del Estado) (Avda. Alcalde José Ramírez Bethencourt, next to San Telmo Park)
04. Las Palmas de G.C. City Hall (Ayuntamiento) (Calle León y Castillo, 270. Next to the Municipal Offices)
05. Torre Las Palmas roundabout (next to Playa de Las Alcaravaneras, at the entrance to the Julio Luengo tunnels)
06. Naval Base roundabout (Calle León y Castillo where it meets with Plaza de San Juan Bautista - Mesa y López)
07. Plazoleta Farray (Calle Fernando Guanarteme, next to the Official Language School (Escuela Oficial de Idiomas)
08. Obelisco (Calle Alfonso XIII, next to Space 14-30)
09. Santa Catalina Park (Calle Nicolás Estévanez, next to the Tourism Information Booth)
10. Woermann Tower (Calle Eduardo Benot where it crosses with Calle de Fuerteventura)
11. Alfredo Kraus auditing
12. Plaza O'Shanahan
13. Plaza Churruca
You can get real-time information on the status of these stations at the following Link
You can also view their locations using your smart phone and the LPA ByBike mobile app.
Q: During what hours are bikes available?
A: The system operates 24 hours a day
Q: How long do I have to wait between one use and the next?
A: You must wait at least 15 minutes between each use.
Q: What is the maximum time for continuous use?
A: The user is allowed to use the bike continuously for a maximum period of 1 hour. Continuing use for more than the specified 1-hour period will cause a penalty to be applied along with suspension of user status:
- Minor Infraction: Exceeding the bicycle return time by returning a bike after more than 3 hours but less than 4 hours - Penalty of card being blocked for one month.
- Serious Infraction: Exceeding the bicycle return time by returning a bike after more than 4 hours but less than 24 hours - Penalty of card being blocked for 6 months.
- Very Serious Infraction: Exceeding the bicycle return time by returning a bike after more than 24 hours - Penalty of card being blocked for 9 months, or for the amount of time during which the card remains valid if this is less, or else definitive termination of access to the service.
Q: What if I want to return a bicycle and the station is full?
A: When returning the bicycle, the user must properly anchor at one of the service's stations that are in use. If a station is full, the user must go to the next nearest station.
Q: Can I adjust the height of the seat?
A: Yes, it can be adjusted to fit the needs of each rider.
Q: I forgot my password, how can I recover it?
A: To recover your password, go to the LPA ByBike website at www.bybikelpa.com and click on the "Forgot your password?" link, which is found in the upper right corner under the user access module. Then just follow the instructions on the screen.